Is heartburn still bothering you? No wonder, the symptoms of heartburn are very uncomfortable and hinder normal functioning. Home remedies for heartburn are effective, but if you have heartburn often, you need to see a doctor because the causes of heartburn can be very serious. Try home remedies for heartburn.
Home remedies for heartburn are effective, but only if heartburn teases you sporadically . Heartburn is when a stomach acid that causes an esophagus to cause burning pain. How annoying this ailment can be, is evidenced by its Latin name “pyrosis” derived from the word “pyros” meaning fire . If heartburn occurs sporadically, it can easily be combated with home remedies. In the case of its regular and frequent occurrence, consultation with a doctor is recommended, as heartburn may be a symptom of gastroesophageal reflux disease , and in the elderly – even cancer .
Treat heartburn naturally, join meditation courses in India, 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh.
Table of Contents
- Heartburn – what to avoid?
- Herbs and teas for heartburn
- Homemade methods for heartburn – diet
- Heartburn. Where does heartburn come from and what to do with it
- Occasional heartburn – where it comes from
- Heartburn as a symptom of reflux. Why do we have heartburn?
- Heartburn: ways to get rid of heartburn
- 1 Heartburn – what to avoid?
- 2 Herbs and teas for heartburn
- 3 Homemade methods for heartburn – diet
- 4 Heartburn. Where does heartburn come from and what to do with it
- 5 Occasional heartburn – where it comes from
- 6 Heartburn as a symptom of reflux. Why do we have heartburn?
- 7 Heartburn: ways to get rid of heartburn
Heartburn – what to avoid?
When fighting heartburn, you should first stop or at least limit the following drinks and foods in your diet:
- carbonated drinks,
- fatty foods,
- fried foods,
- citrus fruits,
- fruit juices,
Herbs and teas for heartburn
1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger root for a glass of boiling water. Infuse 10 minutes.
2 teaspoons of cumin or cumin for a glass of boiling water. Infuse 10 minutes. Strain before drinking.
Other plants recommended for heartburn include:
- Anise (anise’s embezzler),
- fennel (fennel),
- cinnamon ,
- Malabar Cardamom ,
- marshmallow ,
Homemade methods for heartburn – diet
Sugar-free chewing gum will help in neutralizing stomach acids . You can also drink a glass of warm water with half a teaspoon of baking soda and a few drops of lemon juice . A good solution will be carrot, beetroot, radish and cucumber juices , which are alkaline. If you have heartburn – try not to lie down and do not bend down, eat smaller portions, but more often, and eat the last meal at least 3 hours before bedtime . In the fight against heartburn, the most important is prevention, which is mainly a proper diet and healthy eating habits.
Heartburn. Where does heartburn come from and what to do with it
Heartburn is a scare of gourmands. Heartburn is called unpleasant smoking in the esophagus after a too heavy meal. However, sometimes heartburn becomes a chronic ailment. Heartburn: causes and ways of heartburn.
Heartburn , because food poisoning, is one of the most common gastrointestinal complaints. Heartburn is manifested by smoking in the esophagus, acid belching, regurgitation of gastric contents into the esophagus, as well as burning pain behind the sternum and epigastrium.
When heartburn occurs sporadically, after a heavy heavy meal, it is not a disease, only a reaction of the body to stomach overload.
However, when it appears after almost every meal, awakens at night with pain and a feeling of sour or bitter taste in the mouth, during the day we suffer from belching and coughing after the meal – we have a problem.
Heartburn, most likely is a symptom of reflux.
Listen to proven ways to treat heartburn. This is material from the series GOOD TO LISTEN. Podcasts with advice
Occasional heartburn – where it comes from
Heartburn is a sign of too much acid that has formed in the stomach. This is one of the symptoms of indigestion. Heartburn arises when we eat too much and too heavy a meal. Some have heartburn after acid, others after sweet, or after a specific combination of sugar and bad fats in ready-made cakes and pastries. Eating highly processed foods rich in various additives certainly does not help: dyes and preservatives. Some have heartburn after coffee, others have apples. To help yourself, it is not enough to take antacids for heartburn. It is worth avoiding foods that irritate us and do not overeat. Heartburn is often the result of overeating, because excess food in the stomach raises abdominal pressure and promotes the reflux of gastrointestinal tract, which increases heartburn.
Heartburn as a symptom of reflux. Why do we have heartburn?
Reflux, i.e. regurgitation of food contents into the esophagus, occasionally occurs in everyone – after a very heavy meal or when the fed person tries to do physical exercises. It happens, however, that reflux becomes a disease and teases after every meal, as well as when we take a lying position or bend over. What are the causes of reflux?
- damage to the mechanism preventing backflow of stomach contents,
- causes of reflux include also esophageal motility disorders, esophagus clearance disorders
- reflux and heartburn arise when there is an increased production of stomach acid;
- increased abdominal pressure (e.g. due to overweight or pregnancy);
- irritation or inflammation of the esophagus (after alcohol and cigarettes);
- consumption of dishes and drinks conducive to heartburn: alcohol, coffee, tea, carbonated drinks, chocolate, citrus fruits and juices, tomatoes, hot spices, fatty food, mint, yeast dough, peanuts;
- hiatal hernia
- gastric emptying disorders
- deficiency of salivation
- scleroderma – connective tissue disease
- some drugs that slow down the work of the lower esophageal sphincter.
Heartburn: ways to get rid of heartburn
If you do not want heartburn, you should distribute meals more evenly throughout the day – eat more often and less. Do not eat too much at night – the last meal should be eaten two hours before bedtime. After a larger meal, it’s a good idea to take a walk. If you are tired of heartburn, you need to limit drinking coffee and alcohol, also keep moderation in drinking tea, especially strong tea, and definitely limit eating sweets. It is also better to at least temporarily give up drinking carbonated drinks.
When you have heartburn, you can use home remedies for heartburn: take a teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in a glass of warm water, drink some milk and eat a few almonds (alkalizing the stomach environment). Treatment of heartburn is also taking over-the-counter antacids or medication prescribed by your doctor if you are being treated for reflux.